this actually happened
I’m so glad we weren’t the only ones that thought this.
My favorite game to play while watching E3 is “Count the Number of Games in Which I’ll Have to Play a Brown-Haired White Guy”
With just a liiiitle bit of stubble.
- John Lloyd: Lastly, here's a Freudian question for you. Freud once said, "The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul is: what does a woman want?" What do you feel about that?
- Natalie Haynes: I think... a woman wants not to be treated as some sort of exotic sub-species by a coke-addled creep like Freud.
“games with female protagonists don’t sell”
suddenly every penny given to the tomb raider and metroid franchises disappears
portal and resident evil no longer sell out at stores
bayonetta is never to be seen again
half of the final fantasy games vanish into thin air
female protags have never sold
it was all a lie
I think someone can acknowledge racism and rape culture in a series of books and still enjoy them and be a fan
Read: Game of Thrones.
If ideological purity is the litmus test for fandom, we wouldn’t watch or read anything.
E3 2013 EA press conference:
- PLANTS VS ZOMBIES
- SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS
- dragon age inq-
reasons why Nintendo has already won E3:
- they didn’t make the Xbox One
- they acknowledge their female fanbase enough not to make a joke out of humiliating a woman during a presentation
that’s it, that’s all they needed to win
who did the second part?
Xbox conference during one of the demos of a fighting game, the producer made a rape quip as he went up against his female opponent.